Digital Scrapbook Layout Tutorials:
Creating Navy Layout from Liberty Kit
by Oletta Branstiter
(click image for larger view)
*Suggestion: Print out instructions and have handy by your computer as you go through the steps!
- Download Liberty Kit to your computer.
- Put kit graphics in desired folder.
- Open graphics program (SFD3/Photoshop/etc.)
- Create 12x12 canvas
- Import Navy Whites background
- Size to fit canvas (small graphics like stitching can become distorted – stretch and tweak Navy Whites as needed)
- Import Declaration graphic
- Angle and stretch (when stretching and sizing a graphic, always use the corner arrow in order to maintain correct dimensions) Declaration graphic to cover most of the upper right quadrant
- Import Dirty Parchment graphic
- Place Dirty Parchment graphic in the center left of the canvas.
- Add text to Dirty Parchment graphic, keeping mind that only half will show.
- Import Tattered Navy graphic
- Place and size Tattered Navy graphic on left center of canvas, over Dirty Parchment with text
- Import photo
- Place photo in center of Tattered Navy graphic
- Import Beige Buckle graphic
- Place and size Beige Buckle graphic as frame over photo
- Import Navy Belt
- Angle and stretch Navy Belt from upper left to upper/middle right side of canvas
- Import Striped Background graphic
- Crop Striped Background graphic to create a thin strip, or “ribbon”
- Place and stretch striped ribbon over Navy Belt
- Import Green Buckle graphic
- Place and size Green Buckle graphic over right side of ribbon and belt
- Import Greater Love Text graphic
- Place and stretch Greater Love Text in lower third of canvas, above stitched blue ribbon
- Import Mud Splatter graphic
- Place and stretch Mud Splatter graphic onto Navy Whites graphic at lower right corner
*Reminder: all digital papers and elements can be used in many creative ways, including cards, tags, etc, and not just for military los!
Another layout using Liberty kit
For more digital scrapbook kits by Oletta, please visit That Scrapbook Store...
More Digital Tutorials...