Joe Digital Layout
by Marli Creeach
(click image for larger view)
***Please keep in mind each graphics program is different and the instructions may need some altering to suit your specific program needs!***
1.Open the following in your digital imaging software: Mocha Solid Paper, Funky Circles Patterned Paper, Hip Circles Patterned Paper, Brown ribbon, and a frame in .png format. Dancing in Circles Kit
2. Open a new document for you to work on (300 ppi and 12”x12”)
3. Duplicate the Funky Circles and the Hip Circles to your document.
4. Delete 2 opposite quadrants of the paper on the top layer—In Photoshop I drew a marquee in the top quarter and then in the opposite quarter and pressed delete! This should leave you with both papers showing.
5. Copy the brown ribbon to your layout document twice. Around so they make a “+” covering the seams of the two papers.
6. Duplicate the Mocha Solid Paper to a new document and then duplicate your photo to it.
7. Crop the Mocha Paper around the photo creating a mat for it, leaving room on top for your title. I did this by drawing a marquee box around it and selecting Image > Crop.
8. Merge your layers and duplicate to your layout.
9. Copy your frame to the layout (copy one for each letter in your title).
10. Arrange and resize them to fit across the top of your photo.
11. Open the alphabet file and select the letters of your title copying them to your document.
12. Place each letter within a frame.
13. Open your choice of buttons and place them in the bottom right corner of your photo.
14. Add shadows to any elements that you wish.
15. Flatten document, save and your done!
Dancing In Circles Kit:
4 solid distressed papers
6 patterned papers
1 alpha (not shown)
More Digital Tutorials...